I'm interested in quantum sensing (e.g. underwater GPS), patterns, collaboration, helping others understand things, sparking joy, empathy, and research :-)
- Google: Senior Software Engineer, founding developer of Google's lightweight Linux container for untrusted code -- gVisor -- before it was open sourced (Go, C, C++). I helped grow it from a Stanford research prototype into something that serves billions of users and saves Google hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Bump: Backend Engineer, functional programming, software transactional memory, and eventually consistent databases (Haskell, Python, C) . Our Haskell server had an uptime of > 300 days for over 100 million daily active users which was totally surprising.
- UChicago: Linguistics BA/MA. Here I realized I loved abstraction, patterns, and making connections between language, computer science, math, nature, and art.
(resume - updated 09.2023)
- Research: Getting research software to work . I worked with some cool researchers to study a computer science conference. We scored and rewarded papers with useful code so it's possible for anyone to get creative with publicly funded research.
- Google: 2017 Technical Infrastructure (TI) award